[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 14:00:52 -0800

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 22:39:04 +0200
Marius Gedminas <marius@gedmin.as> dijo:

>> I am now going to ask Google to educate me on microSD cards, but in
>> the meantime, does anyone know what kind of cards the T61 will take?
>
>My T61 has a card reader that reads full-size SD cards.  To put a
>microSD in, you'll need an adapter.  These are often sold together with
>microSD cards.
>
>This is a nice overview of all the different kinds of SD cards:
>http://www.groovypost.com/howto/how-to/understand-sd-card-lingo-and-compatibility/
>
>Personally, I think it's more convenient to connect an Android phone to
>the laptop with a USB cable, instead of physically moving cards around.

I found pages on the net that led me to believe that the T61 would take
a microSD directly, but maybe I misread what I was reading.

I agree that the backup is USB cable or Bluetooth. It just might be
faster and simpler using the card. I just want to put my mp3s on it,
but it's a one-time deal. My mp3s are ripped from my collection of
classical and opera on CD. I never add or remove mp3s from my computer,
and I have no use for buying and downloading popular tunes from net
stores. Once the mp3s are on the microSD card, I am done.