[ltp] Re: Official test whether overheating is a warrany case?

Thomas Hartwig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:33:52 +0100

Can't you simulate this in Windows?
Are you sure the fan is running at high speed when the temperature is
high? Is your workload your typing work or heavy computations?
It is quite uncommon to have the system turned off, there must be
something related to the fan or its connection to the CPU. Or probably
simply the CPU is bad. I am sure it is a warranty issue.

Use gkrellm and thinkpad_acpi to observe the fan speed and temperatures.

JM2C
Thomas