[ltp] confused about power managment with T520 with Debian with no DE

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Feb 2012 19:49:29 +0100

On 02/04/2012 07:10 PM, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:
> I downloaded pm-utils, but I don't know how to use them. I can't
> figure out what/which tools are included- there's no manpage for
> "pm-utils" or "pmutils" or "pm_utils", dpkg -s pm-utils doesn't
> provide the names of the tools included in the package, the Debian
> site doesn't list the package contents...what am I missing here?
> Maybe pm-utils isn't the best option anyway?

Try "dpkg -L pm-utils" to list the package contents. It will also show
you where the documents are located. Like for all other packages too,
it is usually in /usr/share/doc/<package name>/. Using grep, you can
narrow your search accordingly:

[root]~ # dpkg -L pm-utils | grep doc
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/README.debugging
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/TODO.Debian
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/README
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/HOWTO.modules
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/HOWTO.hooks.gz
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/buildinfo.gz
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/NEWS.gz
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/README.distributions
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/copyright
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/TODO
[root]~ # dpkg -L pm-utils | grep bin