Re[ltp] placing the Ericsson 3G modem in an X301 with a Sierra Wireless LTE modem

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Jun 2012 13:51:53 +0200

Elvair <elvair@gmail.com> writes:

> Wow, so its a problem after all, apparently switching card won't work, cos
> SIM card slot is not wired to WLAN slot, so it has to be in WWAN slot, and
> WWAN slot does not work with 20 pin taped even.
>
> Is there any chance you can share your BIOS build ? I'm not that qualified
> to make it on my own, I might be able to flash it correctly, but all those
> steps in betweem are mumbo jumbo to me...

I've been considering this for a while, but..

I hesitate for a number of reasons.  One is of course that I have no
right to distribute any Lenovo BIOS, modified or not.  I am lucky enough
to live in a country where I have full rights to modify the BIOS if
that's needed to make the PC work properly, but that doesn't give me the
rights to distribute anything.

Another important reason is that I really didn't create any failsafe
scripts, or even make exact notes of the flashing procedure it seems.
So what I've got is a Lenovo iso image with AUTOEXEC.BAT modified to not
start the BIOS upgrade utility, and an uncompressed modified BIOS image
called "x.ROM".  Getting from this to a flashed BIOS is really not that
much simpler than just following the whole procedure from the beginning.
The procedure on http://art.ified.ca/?page_id=218 might seem somewhat
complex, but I do not have any shortcuts making it significantly simpler.

So, sorry, I don't think I want to distribute anything.

Bjørn