[ltp] Re: T520: With or without NVIDIA-Graphic?

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 May 2012 08:13:35 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Siegert wrote:

> my T520 4240-cto with the i7 (2670QM) Quadcore and the 1900x1080 screen
> arrived yesterday. I have the bigger battery installed. First estimate is
> 3+ hours of battery life, after letting it idle for a while that went to
> 6hours.

[...]

Congratulations, sounds promising in total!

Acutally I noticed for a couple of times problems with external monitors:
Apply a beamer, change resolution to 1024x768 for both screens and present.
Fine so far.
Problem arises then disabling the external monitor and switching back the
resolution to 1600x900 - mostly the screen remained black, and I could not
bring it back to life. Had to switch it off.

May this be better with a newer kernel? Current version is 3.1.10-1.9-
desktop

> Sleep works out of the box (via FN-F4 as well as closing the lid). Sound
> works. Volume is reasonable.
> Sound keys do not work, but that should be trivial to set up once I
> install the production system, too lazy to check on the test system.

Sound keys work, Fn-F4 as well, but no Fn-F12 (Hibernate)

Cheers/Axel