[ltp] Re: T520: With or without NVIDIA-Graphic?

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 May 2012 11:35:43 +0000

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 01:26:14PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012 schrieb Andreas Siegert:
> > Ok,
> > my T520 4240-cto with the i7 (2670QM) Quadcore and the 1900x1080 screen
> > arrived yesterday. I have the bigger battery installed. First estimate
> > is 3+ hours of battery life, after letting it idle for a while that
> > went to 6hours.
> > The power supply is a monster compared to what I am used to from the
> > T61, at least twice the volume. The system itself weighs a bit less
> > than my T61 though.
>
> I got a really small and compact power supply with my Intel only i5
> Dualcore T520.
>
> I only need to use a bigger one for the minidock.
>
> Thats one reason for me to not choose a NVidia optimus one.

I bought two T520s, one for myself and one for my mother.  Mine was an
nividia optimus with i7 and came with a truly awe-inspiring power
brick.  Mom's was the base model (i3?) with intel only and came with a
quite compact and portable power brick.

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell