[ltp] X1 Carbon: Linux freezes randomly, Win7 no problem.

Alexander Karlstad linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:26:53 +0100

Den 08. nov. 2012 04:26, skrev Sandro:
> For dual booting purposes I installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and while
> configuring the system, I noticed it totally freezes at random,
> sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after an hour.

Is there a specific reason for running 12.04 and not 12.10? As Mr.
Schulz mentions further down the thread here, he got it working by
compiling a custom 3.6.X kernel.

 From what I recall, other people has been having trouble with 12.04 on
the X1 Carbon[1], so maybe it's just easier to install 12.10?

[1]: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2047143

--
Alexander Karlstad