[ltp] T61: battery charging inspite of tp_smapi thresholds

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 May 2013 13:08:00 +0200

On 05/26/2013 07:04 AM, Dmitry E. Mikhailov wrote:
> The problem is traced to battery: the same behavior with the same
> battery on two T61's with charging thresholds set - my laptop on
> RHEL/CentOS6, other - on Win7.

Did you also check these basic battery infos?

# cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacturer
# cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/manufacture_date
# cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/first_use_date
# cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/cycle_count

> I'm running out of ideas. Anyone?

If you bought an original battery, and it is claimed to be new, then it
simply desn't behave as it should. I suspect it is in fact one of these
"compatible" replacement batteries with uncalculable behavior.

Ask the eBay vendor for either a prperly working replacement battery, or
send it back, and buy a battery from a more dependable source.