[ltp] Re: ExpressCard SDXC reader (Sonnet SDXC-UHSI-E34)

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:50:49 -0500

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote at 2013-09-25 02:10 -0500:
> I just had to add acpiphp to /etc/modules[1] in order to get a Delock
> 61771 Express Card Compact Flash reader[2] to work under Xubuntu 13.04
> on a Thinkpad X220 (same procedure on a Thinkpad X200). I can't remember
> if I rebooted.=20

Apparently this one (being PCIe interface rather than USB) uses the
sdhci module.  Neither pciehp nor acpiphp is loaded.  I do not know
why it did not work before I rebooted, though because I did not find
any reference to the sdhci module, I did not try loading it manually.

> It works fine from what I can tell, except I have to actually insert a
> CF card before it shows anything (took me a while to figure out) and I
> have to insert it when the computer is on =E2=80=93 if I insert it while =
its
> suspending, it won't show and I have to plug it out and in again while
> it's on. Would be worse if it were the other way around :-)=20

Yes. :)

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9--