[ltp] Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Piotr Szotkowski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:23:12 +0100

--/QKKmeG/X/bPShih

Alan Wood:

> I went online and bought a bunch of the older USB thinkpad
> keyboards and am going to have to carry a different
> platform to actually do computing, probably a tablet

I lost all hope when I was looking for my fifth
ThinkPad in a row (after R51, X40T, X61 and X301)
and none of the X-series ones would sport matte IPS.

I ended up getting Asus Zenbook UX32VD (1920=C3=971200 matte IPS, regular
DIMM socket for housing third-party 8 GB RAM, 24 GB gumstick SSD
which fits vanilla Windows 7 for gaming *and* regular SATA disk
for a third-party SSD, with the dual graphic cards being a nice
bonus) and it feels better supported under Ubuntu than any ThinkPad
I ever owned. No sleep issues, all features working out-of-the-box.

I got myself a mechanical keybord (well, two
=E2=80=93 http://keyboards-eurucamp-2013.herokuapp.com/#43
=E2=80=93 I use the smaller one now) which fits
perfectly on top of the laptop=E2=80=99s touchpad
and I=E2=80=99m surprisingly happy with the setup.

=E2=80=94 Piotr Szotkowski
--=20
=E2=80=98Your card number must not contain spaces!=E2=80=99 We put
a man on the moon. You can take the fucking spaces out.
                                         [Simon Harris]

--/QKKmeG/X/bPShih

--/QKKmeG/X/bPShih--