[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:04:03 +0000 (GMT)

> I would be amazed if you found such specs from any manufacturer.

So what? The point is that thinkpads yoused to be pretty damn close
and now they're not. So there's no reason to stick with them any more.

> list cannot avoid (as much as we try to ignore it) which is we're a tiny
> minority compared to what the market is. Our needs are outlandish when

I'm not trying to ignore it. I stated what I was looking for and the
answer came back "no" on most counts where it used to be "yes".

> point out how silly it is to get wound up around the fact that no one
> really builds machines we specifically want. Sure Lenovo can pop in here

They used to. And now they don't. So I will find something closer
elsewhere, if I can. You can call that "silly" if you want.