[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Peter FP Zhang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 01:50:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rubin,
Really appreciate your openhearted discussion and sharing.  It is really
helpful for us.

For X240, I'll encourge you and other users to go to the store, to play with
it by yourselve.
Maybe you like it, maybe you dislike it, both are understandable. It is
really up to what you want.
But I just want to highlight that X240 is really not as bad as some guys
described for most Linux guys. From SW view, we already finished Ubuntu
12.04 certification for it, most of compatibility issues already have
solutions.

As far as the new HW design, there are many forums to discuss it and many
Lenovo HW experts are collecting the opinions from end users.  My
comments/answers on HW are only FYR, and can not represent the thoughts of
Lenovo HW design team. What I can do for it, is to forward opinions here to
the HW team, but to be frank, I can exert little influence over HW design
directions.

The purpose I come here is, hope to collect Linux compatibility issues on
ThinkPads, especially on the last few years' ThinkPads, and to check if
anything I can help.  Therefore next I will only comment SW issues here.
Feel free to ask if you have. :)

-----
If you meet any Linux compatibility issues on ThinkPads, please try to ping me, I will check if there is anything I can help.