[ltp] x61: Fan error

Rob Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 02 Apr 2015 18:36:25 -0400

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 19:54 +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> On 04/02/2015 03:24 PM, Paul Bolle wrote:
> > Off topic: was 9 December 2014 (or 12 September 2014, thanks to American
> > conventions) simply the day someone archived those manuals or is there
> > more to it? And do people fear Lenovo will do what Toshiba did (ie, make
> > maintenance of older systems as hard as they can)?
> >
> Lenovo decided to retire their well functioning support web site
> http://support.lenovo.com and replace it with a rather useless site
> where it is next to impossible to find the formerly available wealth for
> documentation and drivers also for their legacy hardware.

I actually think the new site is an improvement for looking up
information.  It's certainly not any harder to find info about old
products.

I just looked up the X61 information in about 20 seconds.

1) Go to support.lenovo.com

2) Type "ThinkPad X61" into the search box, pick the auto-completed
option for said system.

3) Go to "Manuals", and viola! "Hardware Maintenance Manual" is listed
on the left hand side.

-R