[ltp] R500 suddenly won't post
Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:29:52 +0100
On 11/03/2015 02:49 AM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Where do I go from here?
Have you already tried this trick?
* unplug the AC adapter and take out the battery
* push the power button 10 times in a row at one second intervals
* push and hold the power button for 30 seconds
* put the battery back in and turn on the Thinkpad
* the machine should start normally as if nothing happened
This reliably worked/works for me on T23, T60, T61, and an X220.
Also seems to work for oter laptop brands: