[ltp] Re: Error 2100 - SSD in good health, but not booting into laptop

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 19:20:08 -0500

> Is three years the lifetime for a Lenovo T-series?

Definitely not.  Both my T60 and T61 are alive and kicking (my T61 is
still my main laptop, and my T60 is now used as my kid's desktop).

At now 10 years, the screen's backlight (the one that's in my T61 but
which was originally in my T60) is quite dim, tho (it's never been super
bright, but it's clearly worse now).

> about the x30 series I don't know.

I'm still happily using my X30 (whose 3 year warranty expired in summer
2006), but its mouse buttons are dead (so I have to use F2/F3/F4 keys as
mouse buttons instead).
[ And ever since KMS was introduced, I've regularly had to fiddle with
  the configuration to get suspend to work, but that's a software
  issue.  ]

> Elder models expect lifetimes of at least ten years.

Indeed, I'd expect no less.

        Stefan