[ltp] T43 and S/PDIF audio output

Richard Neill rn214 at richardneill.org
Thu Nov 19 14:11:44 CET 2020

Hi Dave,

I think you'd find a digital audio output on a docking station
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_Dock_II

Otherwise, I recommend the Behringer UCA202 which is a £25 USB audio
interface. I've used a number of these, either for the optical or analog
audio out,  This solution is nearly perfect in terms of eliminating
interference from the CPU and ground-loop hum.

Aside: I have noticed on one very old amplifier (1970's vintage) that
you can get squeaks - this arises from the combination of a
high-frequency DAC and an amplifier with too high a bandwidth, combined
with aliasing. This is a rare issue though.

HTH,

Richard